1. aha jewelry
ringyourneck.com Specializing in precious metal clay jewelry, workshops, private tutorials and open studio days by appt.
June Tour Info: Site at the Jacksonville Center (220 Parkway Lane South, Floyd, VA 24091). On-site demonstrations.
2. Calico & Old Lace
3033 Daniel’s Run Rd.
Check, VA 24072 (540) 651-4066 calicoandoldlace.com
By appt. during non-tour hours/days. Fiber artist, making quilted garments for everyday wearables or special occasions such as Bridal Wear as well as gifts and quilted decor.
June Tour Info: Sales & exhibits. Free Machine Quilting demo. Studio is accessible from three ways: Rt. 221 (Daniel’s Run Rd), Rt. 670 (Stonewall Rd. to Coles Knob), or Franklin St./Rt. 610 from Christiansburg.
3. Deberosa Gourd Crafts
5142 NW Alum Ridge Rd,
Floyd, VA 24091(540) 763-2009 www.deberosa.com
By appt. and weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Visit a gourd farm, see crafting in process and browse the new store. Easy parking close to Alum Ridge Rd.
June Tour Info: Gourd crafting demonstrations ongoing for the tour.
4. Frog Hollow Pottery
917 Harvestwood Rd,
Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745-8999 or (540) 250-0420 email@example.com
By appt. during non-tour hours. Functional pottery.
June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits. Studio tours.
5 Gretchen St. Lawrence Pastels 293 Silverleaf Lane SE,
Floyd, VA, 24091
(540) 320-7582 facebook.com/GSLPastels firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a pastel artist, specializing in wildlife, landscapes, and portraits of family and pets.
June Tour Info: Daily demos, plus sales and exhibits of originals and prints.
6. Marsha Slopey Paulekas’ Studio/Gallery
205 Woods Gap Rd,
Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745-4848 www.marshaslopeypaulekas.com By appt. during non-tour hours/days. Lifelong artist who paints mainly in oil and watercolor. I also teach individuals and classes.
June Tour Info: On-going demos throughout tour days.
7. Paintings by Joli Ayn Wood 657 Poor Farm Rd.
Floyd, VA 24091
On Facebook under “Paintings By Joli Ayn Wood” & www.jolisart.blogspot.com
By appt. during non-tour hours. Paintings in oil created on location and in studio.
June Tour Info: Demos, sales, and exhibit.
8. Phoenix Hardwoods
2450 Floyd Hwy. North (Rt. 221), Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-7475 www.phoenix-hardwoods.com Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind furniture, using local hardwoods and slabs we mill ourselves. Slab stools, tables, beds, cutting boards and much more.
June Tour Info: Woodworking demos daily. Have a picnic on nearby river!
9. Poor Farm Pottery- Andrea Denniston and Seth Guzovsky 1405 Poor Farm Rd. SE,
Floyd, VA 24091 (781) 771-4921 sethguzovsky.com andreadenniston.com
Open daily- please call. Come see our new gallery space! Featuring finely thrown and glazed stoneware, including large vessels. Porcelain with hand carving and bright, colorful surfaces. Convenient parking and accessible.
June Tour Info: Throwing, carving and brushwork demonstrations.
10. Red Sheep Workshop at Bird and Hopper Farm
747 Graham Rd NW,
Floyd VA 24091 (704) 953-7578 www.birdandhopperfarm.com Regular hours by appt. only. Artists specializing in large-scale architectural mosaics and environmental installations. Our studio is part of our working farm that includes sheep, goats, and herbs.
June Tour Info: Large-scale mosaic work in progress, goat kids and lambs for folks to pet, and tastings.
11. Sarvisberry Gallery & Studio (540) 745-6330 sarvisberry.com Featuring artist/owner Gibby Waitzkin- fiber/paper maker and photographer- working with natural, local fibers and botanical objects to create homemade paper compositions & sculptures.
June Tour Info: Site located at Troika Gallery (203 South Locust St, Suite A).
12. Teri’s Clay Smiles
302 Kristi Lane, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-6445 email@example.com
Regular hours by appt. only. Unique, colorful and functional polymer clay art creations along with one-of-a-kind jewelry.
June Tour Info: Daily demos.
13. Things Co.
741 Lick Ridge Rd.
Check, VA 24072
By appt. during non-tour hours. Antique reproductions, custom-designed furniture, wood carvings- both traditional and fantasy.
June Tour Info: 2 sites open during the tour. Home Studio at Lick Ridge: sales & exhibit, studio tour plus a stroll through “the wood zoo.” “Pine Springs” Open House (1145 Meadow Run Rd. Copper Hill) 1860’s farm house features cabinetry, woodwork and carvings by Ernest Bryant, including a Medical Library, living room, kitchen and dining room.
14. Tom Phelps Studio
636 Stagecoach Run,
Floyd VA 24091
(540) 745-3145 potterystuff.com Open 9am-5pm daily, by chance or by appt. This is a pottery shop that features hand-built and sculpted face pots, mugs, jugs, and goblets, as well as an array of dinnerware, flower pots, vases, pitchers and other functional pottery.
June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
15. Wrenn Pottery
227 Remington Rd.
Floyd, VA 24091
(704) 562-9825 wrennpottery.com Wheel-thrown porcelain pottery, made to find a place in your home. Functional and beautiful. Studio right off of Blue Ridge Pkwy. at mile marker 153.5.
June Tour Info: Working in studio, demos & sales.
Galleries & Shops
16. Bell Gallery & Garden
112 N. Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745- 4494 or (540) 745-2987 bellgalleryandgarden.com
In season, open 7 days a week. Reduced Winter hours. We feature the region’s best arts and crafts, landscape photography, pressed floral art, hand-crafted jewelry, garden art, gifts and more. A fun place to shop.
June Tour Info: Free refreshments. Daily craft & art demos from 3-5pm. Plant and herb sale.
17. Floyd Artists Association LLC
203 South Locust St.
Floyd, VA (The Station) 24091
Mon-Thu. 11am-5pm, Fri. 11am-8pm, Sat. 10am-5pm, Sun. 12-4pm. floydartists.com We are a co-op gallery, showcasing both 2-D and 3-D art in all media, sterling silver and stone jewelry, pottery, books from local authors and textile art.
June Tour Info: Demos daily. Sales and exhibits.
18. Floyd Country Store
206 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540)745-4563 floydcountrystore.com
Mon-Thu. 10-5; Fri. 10-late evening; Sat. 10-6; Sun. 12-5:30.
Home of the famous Friday Night Jamboree and more music on Saturday and Sunday. This is a country store established in 1910, which stocks a wide range of music, crafts, clothing and gifts.
June Tour Info: Friday Night Jamboree, Americana Afternoon on Saturday, and Sunday Music Jam.
19. New Mountain Mercantile
114A South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091
Open during the season 7 days a week. Reduced Winter hours. For over 20 years, NMM has offered quality art, handcrafts, gifts, aromatherapy soaps and candles, pottery and clothing in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere. June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
20. Republic of Floyd
114B South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540)745-2898 republicoffloyd.com
Open 7 days a week. In the heart of metropolitan Floyd, offering fine wine, craft beer, local libations, gourmet snacks, a distinctive array of t-shirts and unique Floyd-inspired gifts, plus all sorts of things you didn’t realize you needed.
June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
21. St. Pierre Woodworking and Sawmill
2081 Cannady School Rd. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 797-3496 stpierrewoodworking.com
8-5pm, 7 days a week. Woodworking and sawmill business reclaiming old buildings and logs. Builds furniture and sells lumber and live edge slabs to the public.
June Tour Info: Sawmill and woodworking shop running during tour, as well as tours of the shop and lumber showrooms with some reclaimed furniture available.
22. The Jacksonville Center for the Arts
220 Parkway Lane South (Rt. 8), Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-2784 www.jacksonvillecenter.org
Open Mon-Sat. 10-5pm. Located in a renovated dairy barn, with open studios, gallery exhibits, gift shop, workshops, and special events.
June Tour Info: Gallery exhibits, classes, demos, and 2nd Saturday Makers Market on June 13.
23. The Old Church Gallery
110 Wilson St. Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745-2079 oldchurchgallery.org
Fri. 2-5pm, Sat. 10-1pm, or by appt.
Arts in History: We celebrate creative ties that exist in our community. These ties include and reach beyond family ties in that they celebrate the creative industry of our community. Our motto, “We Remember, We Collect, We Protect” guides our activities and our decisions.
June Tour Info: Handicap accessible. Early musical history of Floyd County.
24. Troika Gallery of Contemporary Crafts 203 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (The Station) (540) 745-8764 www.troikacrafts.com
Non-tour hours are 11-4pm. Gallery featuring contemporary fine regional crafts, textiles art, ceramics, woodworking, jewelry, sculpture, painting, paper art and photography.
39. Woolly Jumper Yarn Shop
202 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745-KNIT (5648) woollyjumper.com Thu. & Fri. 12-5pm; Sat. 10-5pm; Sun. 12-4pm. Woolly Jumper Yarns is Floyd’s source for fine yarns, yarn crafting accessories and classes. Bring your knitting and crochet on Thursday evenings and join us for “Yarn Crafting Night” from 6-8pm.
June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
Farms & Farm Stores
25. Appalachian Medicinal Herb Growers Consortium at BRCCM
144 Silver Maple Ln. Pilot, VA 24138
(540) 651-2682 www.brccm.org
The AMHGC was created to provide both the freshest possible herbs for the growing herb industry and to give regional farmers the opportunity to grow a high-value medicinal crop. Blue Ridge Center for Chinese Medicine (BRCCM) is the consortium’s headquarters and a teaching farm. June Tour Info: TBA
26. Broadened Horizons Organic Farm
711 Laurel Creek Rd. NE, Pilot, VA 24138 (423) 240-8409
www.sustainability-teaching-farm.com Open house farm tours, workshops, and skill sharing by appt. An organic perma-culture based demonstration farm featuring low-impact sustainable solutions for utilizing rainwater collection, solar and wind energy and soil conservation. Focus is on earth-based ecology.
June Tour Info: Farm tours, skill sharing, and demonstrations.
27. Ocotilla’s Mountainside Alpacas, LLC 4388 Buffalo Mountain Rd. SW,
Willis, VA 24380 (540) 593-2143 ocotillasmtnalpacas.com www.facebook.com/OcotillasAlpaca
Open Mon-Sat. 9-5pm, Sun. 1-5pm or by appt. Family owned and operated Alpaca ranch. We specialize in the quality raising, breeding, and selling of fine Alpacas and their products. “Carrying On The Tradition!”
June Tour Info: Farm tours.
28. Riverstone Organic Farm 708 Thompson Rd. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-7700 riverstoneorganicfarm.com Riverstone Organic Farm is home to a growing flock of sheep and fields of wholesome organic produce. The new on-farm store features a great selection of pasture raised meat and eggs, seasonal organic veggies, artisan preserves and more. June Tour Info: Visit our working farm for a guided tour with a farmer, walk along the wooded nature trail and picnic by the river.
29. Snow Mountain Pass Farms
8360 Deer Run Rd. SE,
Copper Hill, VA 24079 (540) 929-4024 snowmountainpass.com
Non-tour hours 10am-4pm Tue-Sat. We are a 30 acre farm along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We make artisan soaps, lotions, and bath and body products.
June Tour Info: Visitors can purchase both artisan products and fresh produce as well as meet our livestock and Great Pyrenees. Bring your own lunch and sit at our picnic tables by the pond. Located a quarter mile south of mile marker 141 on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.
30. Specialty Garden Design & Nursery
133 Rifton Lane, Pilot, VA 24138
(540) 651-8464 specialtygardendesign.com Nursery that specializes in dwarf and slow-growing conifers, native small trees & shrubs, native & unusual perennials and grasses. Unique pots and planted containers also available.
June Tour Info: Nursery exhibits. From Daniel’s Run Rd. to Laurel Creek, second left onto Rifton Schoolhouse. On right, follow marked drive to Garden House.
31. Spikenard Farm Honeybee Sanctuary 401 Hideaway Lane, Floyd, VA 24091
(540) 745-2153 spikenardfarm.org
Open to the public Fri. 10-4pm or by appt. during non-tour hours. This biodynamic honeybee sanctuary, neighbors to Riverstone Organic Farm, is on a beautiful hill, surrounded by the Little River and nestled in the woodlands and fields of bee forage. Come and learn about the honeybee and experience the radiance of a landscape enlivened with bees, flowers and vegetable gardens.
June Tour Info: Talk by Gunther Hauk on Saturday, June 13 at 1pm.
32. Wildwood Farms General Store
2380 Floyd Hwy. South, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-5155 www.wildwoodfarmsdaylilies.com
Mon-Thu. 10-5pm, Fri. 10-6pm, Sat. 10-9pm, Sun. 12-5pm. 600+ varieties of field grown daylilies for sale in addition to our General Store and kitchen with delicious food, as well as unique home and garden decor. Handicap-accessible. Less than 5 miles south of downtown Floyd on Rt. 221.
June Tour Info: Friday, 2-3 pm- Daylily Garden Seminar. Saturday, 7-9pm- Live Bluegrass music.
Eat & Sleep
33. Floyd Country Store- The Jingle Tap Café 206 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-4563 www.floydcountrystore.com Lunch served Mon-Sat. from 11-3 pm and Sun. from 12-3pm. Limited menu during other store hours. (See listing #18) Serving homemade soups, salads, and sandwiches featuring locally grown produce. Also offering fresh baked pastries and hand-dipped ice cream. June Tour Info: Offering packed picnic lunches for tour.
34. Grateful Bread Bakery and Artist Garden 109 Old Hensley Pl. Floyd VA 24091 (540) 558-9395 Open Fri. 10-6pm and Sat. 10-4pm. A sweet little artisan bakery specializing in craft breads, treats, locally-famous cinnamon rolls and surrounded by a delightful artists’ garden. Come visit! June Tour Info:
35. Hotel Floyd 300 Rick Lewis Way, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-6080 www.hotelfloyd.com Open 24/7 for guests and by appt. for tours. A “green” boutique hotel with 40 themed rooms/suites featuring local art, crafts, and culture. Conference space available for events up to 150 people. Check out our website for more details. Concerts every Thursday evening May-October. June Tour Info: Advance registrations suggested.
36. Red Rooster Coffee & Black Water Loft 117 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-LOFT (5638) Blackwater Loft: Weekdays from 7-5pm, Sat. 9-5 pm. Red Rooster: Wed-Sat. 11am-8pm. redroostercoffeeroaster.com Fair Trade and organic coffee, roasted fresh in downtown Floyd. Specialty coffee drinks and all fruit smoothies available upstairs at the Loft. June Tour Info: Free coffee tastings. Will not be open Sunday, June 14.
37. Tour & Visitor Info 220 Parkway Lane South, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-2784 Maps & tour information, additional sites, and friendly staff will be on-site at The Jacksonville Center for the Arts the duration of the tour.
38. Floyd County Visitor Center 109 East Main St. Floyd, VA 24091 (Across from the courthouse) (540) 745-4407 www.visitfloydva.com Visitor information center opened and staffed 7 days a week. firstname.lastname@example.org June Tour Info: Open all tour days for tour and Floyd information.