Click here for PDF version of the 2016 Map & Trail Participants.
Click here for PRINTABLE PDF version of the 2016 Map & Trail Participants.
Reminder: GPS will more than likely not be accurate!
Hard-copy brochures with map & listings available at downtown Floyd sites including : Floyd County Visitor Center, The Jacksonville Center, Bell Gallery, Floyd Country Store, and Troika Gallery at The Station. Out of town? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trail Site Listings provide:
♦ Regular, non-tour hours of trail sites (so the brochure is useful for any visit!)
♦ June Tour specific information at the bottom of each listing under June Tour Info.
1. Abby Reczek Pottery 477 Black Ridge Rd. Floyd, VA 24091 email@example.com reczekpottery.com Non-tour hours by appt. only. Abby makes functional porcelain pottery. She has standard pottery vessels as well as unique forms. June Tour Info: Demos and sales.
2. Anne Armistead Fine Silver Jewelry 4883 Sidney Church Rd. Riner, VA 24149 (540) 320-7093 ringyourneck.com Specializing in precious metal clay jewelry, workshops, private tutorials and open studio days by appt. June Tour Info: On-site demonstrations.
3. Bumble Bee & The Bird 1588 Epperly Mill Rd. SW Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-4143 www.facebook.com/cdemariaart By appt. During non-tour hours. See original artwork by Christian DeMaria. Christian’s paintings depict people and places around him. Currently, he is working on a series of paintings of Floyd.
4. Calico & Old Lace 3033 Daniel’s Run Rd. Check, VA 24072 (540) 392-1303 calicoandoldlace.com By appt. during non-tour hours/days. Fiber artist, making quilted garments for everyday wearables or special occasions such as Bridal Wear as well as gifts and quilted decor. June Tour Info: Sales & exhibits. Free Machine Quilting demo. Studio is accessible from three ways: Rt. 221 (Daniel’s Run Rd), Rt. 670 (Stonewall Rd. to Coles Knob), or Franklin St./Rt. 610 from Christiansburg.
5. Deberosa Gourd Farm and Homestead 5142 NW Alum Ridge Rd, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 763-2009 www.deberosa.com By appt. during non-tour hours. Visit a gourd farm and craft studio. Learn how to grow gourds and craft them. Many new designs! Easy parking close to Alum Ridge Rd. June Tour Info: Ongoing crafting or just tour the gardens and browse the craft shop on-site.
6. Frog Hollow Pottery 917 Harvestwood Rd, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-8999 or (540) 250-0420 firstname.lastname@example.org By appt. during non-tour hours. Functional pottery. June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits. Studio tours.
7. Gretchen St. Lawrence Pastels & Pet Portraits 293 Silverleaf Lane SE, Floyd, VA, 24091 (540) 320-7582 facebook.com/GSLPastels I am a pastel artist, specializing in wildlife, landscapes, and portraits of family and pets. June Tour Info: Daily demos, plus sales and exhibits of originals and prints.
8. Marsha Slopey Paulekas’ Studio/Gallery 205 Woods Gap Rd, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 264-3553 www.marshaslopeypaulekas.com By appt. during non-tour hours/days. Lifelong artist who paints mainly in oil and watercolor. I also teach individuals and classes. June Tour Info: On-going demos and guest participation in a rotation painting plus children’s activities.
9. Painting Studio of Joli Ayn Wood 657 Poor Farm Rd. SE Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 449-9078 www.paintingsbyjoliaynwood.com Open by appt. or by chance during non-tour hours. Check artist website for calendar. Paintings in oil created on location and in studio, located on the second floor. June Tour Info: Joli will be demonstrating her painting technique during the tour.
10. Phelps Studios 636 Stagecoach Run SE Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-3145 We focus on functional and fanciful ceramic pottery and feature face pots with handcrafted and applied faces. All are wheel thrown and high temperature fired. June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
11. Phoenix Hardwoods 2450 Floyd Hwy. North (Rt. 221), Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-7475 www.phoenix-hardwoods.com Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind furniture, using local hardwoods and slabs we mill ourselves. Slab stools, tables, beds, cutting boards and much more. June Tour Info: Woodworking demos daily. Have a picnic on nearby river!
12. Poor Farm Pottery 1405 Poor Farm Rd. SE, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-3578 poorfarmpottery.com Gallery open seasonally, please call ahead. Pottery wares displayed at on-site gallery, workshop tours and demonstrations. June Tour Info: Children 12 and under can decorate a mug for $15, limit one per child, Sat-Sun 1-3pm. Limited to first 30 children, must be accompanied by an adult. Available for pick up the following weekend or shipped for an additional $10.
13. Red Sheep Workshop at Bird and Hopper Farm 747 Graham Rd NW, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-4280 www.birdandhopperfarm.com Regular hours by appt. only. We are large-scale architectural mosaic artists doing both public art and private commissions. We will have new studio work and large works in progress. We have livestock (sheep, goats, llamas, chickens), so we request no dogs (except service animals).
14. River Farm Studios: Windy Hill Guitarworks & Glassworks. 446 Sowers Mill Dam Rd. NE Riner, VA 24149 (540) 703-731-6846 windyhillguitarworks.com, (703) 731-6836 By appt. during non-tour hours. Guitarworks: Luthier studio with handmade guitars, fiddles, banjos, ukuleles, mandolins plus luthier tools. Glassworks: Flamework studio with torch and kilns plus gallery. Guitarworks studio handicap accessible. June Tour Info: Luthier demonstrations, jamming instruments available, pickin’ porch overlooking the Little River. On-going flameworking demos plus gallery with finished pieces.
15. Things Co. 741 Lick Ridge Rd. Check, VA 24072 (540) 651-3831 By appt. during non-tour hours. Antique reproductions, custom-designed furniture, wood carvings- both traditional and fantasy. June Tour Info: Sales & exhibit, studio tour plus a stroll through “the wood zoo.”
16. Wild Weeds Studio 2556 Floyd Hwy N. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 200-5068 email@example.com Non-tour hours: By chance or appt. throughout the year. Mixed media and folk artist Annie Badger shares her home grown art. Her eclectic style features pottery, paintings, jewelry, repurposed works and more. June Tour Info: Refreshments, daily demos, and sales.
17. Wrenn Pottery 227 Remington Rd. Floyd, VA 24091 (704) 562-9825 wrennpottery.com Please call or contact in the future if visiting. Wheel-thrown porcelain pottery, made to find a place in your home. Functional and beautiful. Studio right off of Blue Ridge Pkwy. at mile marker 153.5. June Tour Info: Working in studio.
Galleries & Shops
18. Bell Gallery & Garden 112 N. Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745- 4494 or (540) 745-2987 bellgalleryandgarden.com In season, open 7 days a week. Reduced Winter hours. We feature the region’s best arts and crafts, landscape photography, pressed floral art, hand-crafted jewelry, garden art, gifts and more. A fun place to shop. June Tour Info: Free refreshments. Daily craft & art demos from 3-5pm. Plant and herb sale.
19. Floyd Artists Association LLC 203 South Locust St. Floyd, VA (The Station) 24091 (540) 745-7367 Mon-Thu. 11am-5pm, Fri. 11am-8pm, Sat. 10am-5pm, Sun. 12-4pm. floydartists.com We are a co-op gallery, showcasing both 2-D and 3-D art in all media, sterling silver and stone jewelry, pottery, books from local authors and textile art. June Tour Info: Demos daily. Sales and exhibits.
20. Floyd Country Store 206 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540)745-4563 floydcountrystore.com Tue-Thu. 10-5pm; Fri. 10am-10:30pm; Sat. 10-6pm; Sun. 12-5:30pm. Home of the famous Friday Night Jamboree and more music on Saturday and Sunday. This is a country store established in 1910, which stocks a wide range of music, crafts, clothing and gifts. June Tour Info: Friday Night Jamboree, Americana Afternoon on Saturday, and Sunday Music Jam. Old-Time Dance with The Zephyr Lightning Bolts, Sat. 7:30pm. A Tribute to Blind Alfred Reed, Sat. 7:30pm.
22. Green Label Organic 210 W. Oxford St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-6161 greenlabelorganic.com Mon-Sat 10-5 pm, March-December. Open Sunday, June 12 from 12-5. A variety of succulent plant species. Locally designed organic cotton clothing and artisan gifts.
23. New Mountain Mercantile 114A S. Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-4278 Open during the season 7 days a week. Reduced Winter hours. For over 20 years, NMM has offered quality art, handcrafts, gifts, aromatherapy soaps and candles, pottery and clothing in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere. Come see our newly renovated space! June Tour Info: Demonstrations in spinning yarn and basket making.
24. Old Church Gallery 110 Wilson St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-2979 oldchurchgallery.com Mid-April to Dec. Fri. 2-5pm, Sat. 10-1pm, or by appt. Arts in History: We celebrate creative ties that exist in our community. These ties include and reach beyond family ties in that they celebrate the creative industry of our community. Our motto, “We Remember, We Collect, We Protect” guides our activities and our decisions. June Tour Info: Handicap accessible.
25. Sarvisberry Gallery & Studio 174 Sarvisberry Lane SW (540) 745-6330 sarvisberry.com By appt. only during non-tour hours. Visit Sarvisberry Gallery and Studio to see Gibby Waitzkin’s work. I am a fiber artist, papermaker, and photographer, growing my own fiber on my farm. June Tour Info: Exhibiting new forms inspired by nature.
26. St. Pierre Woodworking and Sawmill 2081 Cannady School Rd. Floyd, VA 24091 and a second location at 4005 Floyd Hwy. North (540) 797-3496 stpierrewoodworking.com Open Wed-Fri 12-4pm. Saturdays by appt. Woodworking and sawmill business reclaiming old buildings and logs. Builds furniture and sells lumber and live edge slabs to the public. June Tour Info: Sawmill and woodworking shop running during tour, as well as tours of the shop and lumber showrooms with some reclaimed furniture available.
27. The Jacksonville Center for the Arts 220 Parkway Lane South (Rt. 8), Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-2784 www.jacksonvillecenter.org Open Mon-Sat. 10-5pm. Located in a renovated dairy barn, with open studios, gallery exhibits, gift shop, workshops, and special events. June Tour Info: Gallery exhibits, demos, and an opening gallery reception on June 11 at 5 pm.
28. Troika Contemporary Crafts 203 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (The Station) (540) 745-8764 www.troikacrafts.com Open Mon, Wed, Thu, & Sun. 11-4pm, Fri. 11-8pm, & Sat. 11-5pm. See web for hours after the summer season. Gallery featuring contemporary fine regional crafts, textiles art, ceramics, woodworking, jewelry, sculpture, painting, paper art and photography. June Tour Specifics: Posey Bacopoulus Ceramics Exhibit.
29. Wildwood Farms General Store & Daylilies 2380 Floyd Hwy. South, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-5155, wildwoodfarmsdaylilies.com Mon-Thu. 10-5pm, Fri. 10-6pm, Sat. 10-9pm, Sun. 12-5pm. In our General Store we feature local artisans work as well as unique home and garden decor. We also have a kitchen with delicious food, as well as 600+ varieties of field grown daylilies for sale. Handicap-accessible. Less than 5 miles south of downtown Floyd on Rt. 221. June Tour Info: Daylily/Gardening Seminar from 2-3 pm on June 11th.
Farms & Farm Stores
30. Blue Ridge Center for Chinese Medicine and the Appalachian Herb Growers Consortium 144 Silver Maple Ln. Pilot, VA 24138 (540) 651-2682 www.brccm.org The AMHGC was created to provide both the freshest possible herbs for the growing herb industry and to give regional farmers the opportunity to grow a high-value medicinal crop. Blue Ridge Center for Chinese Medicine (BRCCM) is the consortium’s headquarters and a teaching farm. June Tour Info: Guided garden tours on Fri. and Sat. at 11am & 2pm, and on Sunday at 2pm.
31. Ocotilla’s Mountainside Alpacas 4388 Buffalo Mountain Rd. SW, Willis, VA 24380 (540) 593-2143 ocotillasmtnalpacas.com Open Mon-Sat. 9-5pm, Sun. 1-5pm or by appt. Family owned and operated Alpaca ranch. We specialize in the quality raising, breeding, and selling of fine Alpacas and their products. “Carrying On The Tradition!” June Tour Info: Farm tours with fleece skirting and yarn spinning demonstrations held throughout the each day.
32. Riverstone Organic Farm and Farm Store 708 Thompson Rd. SE Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 267-4432 riverstoneorganicfarm.com Store open daily 9-7pm. Nature trail, picnic site, and self-guided tours welcome during daylight hours. A scenic working farm located in a mountain valley at the pristine headwaters of the Little River. Meander the nature trail, take a self-guided tour of the working organic farm, or relax on the porch at the Farm Store. The Farm store at Riverstone is stocked with fresh organic produce, pasture raised meat and eggs as well as plants, gifts, snacks, and other local provisions. We host regular farm tours and workshops throughout the season. June Tour Info: Farm store open with plant sale. Saturday, 10-3 pm: Take a tour with one of the farmers, visit the gardens, and animals. Sample meats, veggies, and preserves.
33. Specialty Garden Design & Nursery 133 Rifton Lane, Pilot, VA 24138 (540) 651-8464 specialtygardendesign.com Nursery that specializes in dwarf and slow-growing conifers, native small trees & shrubs, native & unusual perennials and grasses. Unique pots and planted containers also available. June Tour Info: Nursery exhibits. From Daniel’s Run Rd. to Laurel Creek, second left onto Rifton Schoolhouse. On right, follow marked drive to Garden House.
34. Spikenard Honeybee Sanctuary 401 Hideaway Lane, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-2153 spikenardfarm.org Open to the public Fridays 11-6pm during non-tour hours. This biodynamic honeybee sanctuary, neighbors to Riverstone Organic Farm, is on a beautiful hill, surrounded by the Little River and nestled in the woodlands and fields of bee forage. Come and learn about the honeybee and experience the radiance of a landscape enlivened with bees, flowers and vegetable gardens. June Tour Info: Talk on the plight of the honeybee by Gunther Hauk on Sat. June 11 at 1pm.
Eat & Sleep
35. Apple Ridge Farm 9230 Pine Forest Rd. Copper Hill, VA 24079 Copper Hill, VA 24079 (540) 982-1322 appleridge.org firstname.lastname@example.org By appt. during non-tour hours. Apple Ridge Farm’s 96 acre facility provides outdoor adventures, team challenge and high ropes events, facility rentals, summer camps, retreats, hiking, camping, and cultural experiences. Handicap accessible. June Tour Info: Fri & Sat 10-5pm: open house, tours, hikes on trails and views from 60 ft. climbing tower. Sunday 12-5pm: Artisan booths, hikes, views. Sunday 2-5pm: Free concert “Mountain Music Down on the Farm”- old timey mountain music under our lovely timber frame pavilion.
36. Blue Ridge Yurts 369 Parkway Lane South, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-7458 blueridgeyurts.com Open Mon-Fri, 9-5pm. Tours available by appt. during non-tour hours. Visit our location in Floyd to see our 20’ yurt and 30’ yurt with 10’ tall walls on site. The 30’ yurt serves as a demo and as overnight lodging (see floydyurtlodging.com). The 20’ yurt is a newly opened shop featuring local artists creations and eclectic furniture and accessories for sale.
37. Bootleg BBQ 324 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (mobile unit south of Winter Sun building) (540) 250-6587 email@example.com Wednesday thru Saturday 11am-8pm. Offering fine smoked meats, such as pulled pork, baby back ribs, chicken, and brisket.
38. Chateau Morrisette Winery and Restaurant 287 Winery Rd. SW Floyd, VA (540) 593-2865 www.thedogs.com Winery open Mon-Thu 10-5pm, Fri-Sat 10-6pm, Sun 11-5pm. Restaurant open Wed-Thu 11-2pm, Fri-Sat 11-9pm, Sun 11-5pm (Summer Hours) Cellar tours, wine tastings, fine dining, gift shop, live music on Sundays, special events throughout the year, Steve Bickley sculpture, and a scenic vista at Virginia’s oldest winery. Winery grounds pet friendly. Handicap accessible. See website for detailed directions. June Tour Info: Free concert by the White Top Mountain Band (Appalachian Roots Music) from 1-4pm on Sun, June 12.
39. Dogtown Roadhouse 302 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540)745-6836 dogtownroadhouse.com Open Thu. 12pm-10pm, Fri-Sat. 12pm-12am, Sun. 12pm-10pm. Wood fired pizza, beers on tap. Live performances. In the Sun Music Hall, where folks come for pizza and stay for the music. June Tour Info: Old Time Jam Thursday before tour begins. Sat, June 11, 2-4pm Jeff Liverman plays Country Blues from the 1920’s and 1930’s. Sunday Open Mic from 7-11pm.
40. Grateful Bread Bakery and Artist Garden 109 Old Hensley Pl. Floyd VA 24091 (540) 558-9395 Open Fri. 10-4pm and Sat. 10-4pm. A sweet little artisan bakery specializing in craft breads, treats, locally-famous cinnamon rolls and surrounded by a delightful artists’ garden. Come visit!
41. Hotel Floyd 300 Rick Lewis Way, Floyd VA 24091 (540) 745-6080 www.hotelfloyd.com Open 24/7 for guests and by appt. for tours. A “green” boutique hotel with 40 themed rooms and suites featuring local art, crafts, and culture. Conference space for up to 90 people. See our website for more details. Concerts every Thurs. evening May-October. June Tour Info: Advance registrations suggested.
42. The Floyd Country Store Café 206 South Locust St. Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-4563 www.floydcountrystore.com Closed Mon. Tue-Thu, Sat. 10-5pm. Fri. 10am-10:30pm. Sun 11:30-5:30pm. Limited menu during other store hours. (See listing #20) Serving homemade soups, salads, and sandwiches featuring locally grown produce. Also offering fresh baked pastries and hand-dipped ice cream.
43. Floyd County Visitor Center 109 East Main St. Floyd, VA 24091 (Across from the courthouse) (540) 745-4407 www.visitfloydva.com Visitor information center opened and staffed 7 days a week. firstname.lastname@example.org June Tour Info: Open all tour days for tour and Floyd information.
44. Tour & Visitor Info 220 Parkway Lane South, Floyd, VA 24091 (540) 745-2784 Maps & tour information, additional sites, and friendly staff will be on-site at The Jacksonville Center for the Arts the duration of the tour.