Click here for PDF version of the 2017 Map & Trail Participants.
Click here for PRINTABLE PDF version of the 2017 Map & Trail Participants.
Reminder: GPS is not necessarily accurate! If in doubt, please contact the tour information offices for specific directions!
Hard-copy brochures with map & listings available at downtown Floyd sites including : Floyd County Visitor Center, Floyd Center for the Arts. Out of town? Email us at email@example.com.
Trail Site Listings provide:
♦ Regular, non-tour hours of trail sites (so the brochure is useful for any visit!)
♦ June Tour specific information at the bottom of each listing under June Tour Info.
1. Abby Reczek Pottery & Ayla Mullen Ceramics 477 Black Ridge Rd. Floyd (610)-350-8422 ReczekPottery.com AylaMullen.com Open by Appt.
This is the site of Abby’s home studio, which is located in the back of the house, where you are welcome to tour through when you stop by on the trail. June Tour Info: In progress work will be on display from both Abby and Ayla for those extra curious visitors!
2. Blind Cat Studio
109 E. Main St. Floyd (540) 200-9868 Facebook.com/blind.cat.792 Open by Appt.
Visit mixed media artist Aven Tanner on her third floor studio in a historic building overlooking Floyd. Her work ranges in materials, texture and text to take her art into a mythical storytelling journey. June Tour Info: Mixed media landscape collage workshop Sat. 2-5pm. Cost is $45, rsvp required.
3. Bumble Bee & The Bird 1588 Epperly Mill Rd. SW Floyd (540) 745-4143 Facebook.com/CDeMariaArt Open by Appt.
See original artwork by Christian DeMaria. Christian’s paintings depict people and places around him. Currently, he is working on a series of paintings of Floyd.
4. Calico & Old Lace 3033 Daniel’s Run Rd. Check (540) 392-1303 CalicoandOldLace.com Open by Appt.
Beautiful quilted items for gifts or for home/office décor. Wall quilts, tableware, baby quilts, and other quilted gift items. June Tour Info: Demo of making Seminole Patchwork strips and Free Motion quilting during the tour.
5. Deberosa at Chic’s Antiques and Variety 25 West Main St. Floyd (540) 763-2009 Deberosa.com Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-6pm & Sun.12-6pm or by appt.
Visit Deberosa Gourd Crafts and Tile art plus much more at Chic’s Antiques and Variety. Deberosa’s is located on the second floor. June Tour Info: Sidewalk sale at Chic’s Antiques.
6. Filamina Jewelry, LLC 2681 Floyd Highway N. Floyd (540) 250-6170 Facebook.com/FilaminaJewelry Open by Appt. or Chance
Artist, Susan Brickhouse, designs and handcrafts beautiful jewelry using Swarovski crystals, pearls and semi-precious stones. She also specializes in custom designs for weddings and other special occasions. June Tour Info: Refreshments and sales.
7. Frog Hollow Pottery 917 Harvestwood Rd. Floyd (540) 745-8999 email:RSutterer@swva.net or (540) 250-0420 Open by Appt.
Functional pottery created by Ron Sutterer. June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits. Studio tours.
8. Marsha Slopey Paulekas’ Studio/Gallery 205 Woods Gap Rd, Floyd (540) 264-3553 MarshaSlopeyPaulekas.com Open by Appt.
Lifelong artist who paints mainly in oil and watercolor. Marsha also teach individuals and classes. June Tour Info: On-going demos and guest participation in a rotation painting plus children’s activities.
9. Out There – Charlie Brouwer Studio &Sculpture Trail 268 Akers Rd. NW Willis (540) 250 2966 CharlieBrouwer.com Open by Appt.
Constructed wood sculptures, drawings, and work in progress in the studio, 25+ large-scale outdoor sculptures on a ½ mile trail winding through field and wood.
10. Painting Studio of Joli Ayn Wood 4243 Floyd Highway North, Bay B (540) 449-9078 PaintingsByJoliAynWood.com Open by Appt. or Chance
Visit the painting studio of regional artist Joli Ayn Wood. Paintings in oils created on location, and in the studio. Many local scenes. June Tour Info: View multiple works in progress while the artist demonstrates their technique.
11. Phelps Studios 636 Stagecoach Run SE Floyd (540) 745-3145
We focus on functional and fanciful ceramic pottery and feature face pots with handcrafted and applied faces. All are wheel thrown and high temperature fired.
June Tour Info: Sales and exhibits.
12. Phoenix Hardwoods 2450 Floyd Hwy. N., Floyd (540) 745-7475 Phoenix-Hardwoods.com
Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind furniture, using local hardwoods and slabs we mill ourselves. Slab stools, tables, beds, cutting boards and much more. June Tour Info: Woodworking demos daily. Have a picnic on the nearby river!
13. Poor Farm Pottery 1405 Poor Farm Rd. SE, Floyd (540) 745-3578 PoorFarmPottery.com AndreaDennistonCeramics.com Open Daily, Please Call Ahead
Handmade Pottery---Porcelain and Stoneware. Wheel thrown and slip-cast pottery for the home and daily use. Created by Seth Guzovsky and Andrea Denniston. June Tour Info: Fully stocked gallery, facility tours, wheel throwing, and making demonstrations.
14. Red Sheep Workshop at Bird & Hopper Farm 747 Graham Rd NW, Floyd (540) 745-4280 BirdandHopperFarm.com Open by Appt.
Mosaic artists, Carrie Gault and Donna Cole, that create large-scale public and private commissions. Please no dogs (except service) due to farm livestock. June Tour Info: New this year - Studio and Garden pieces for sale!
15. River Farm Studios: Windy Hill Guitarworks & Glassworks 446 Sowers Mill Dam Rd. NE, Riner (703) 731-6846 windyhillguitarworks.com (703) 731-6836 Open by Appt.
Guitarworks: Luthier studio with handmade guitars, fiddles, banjos, ukuleles, mandolins & luthier tools. Glassworks: Flamework studio with torch & kilns & gallery. Guitar works studio handicap accessible. June Tour Info: Luthier demos, jamming instruments available, pickin’ porch overlooking the Little River. On-going flameworking demos plus gallery with finished pieces.
16. Things Co. 741 Lick Ridge Rd., Check (540) 651-3831 Open by Appt.
Antique reproductions, custom-designed furniture, wood carvings- both traditional and fantasy. June Tour Info: Sales & exhibit, studio tour plus a stroll through “the wood zoo.”
17. Wild Weeds Studio 2556 Floyd Hwy N., Floyd (540) 200-5068 firstname.lastname@example.org Open by Appt. or Chance
Mixed media and folk artist Annie Badger shares her home grown art. Her eclectic style features pottery, paintings, jewelry, repurposed works and more.
June Tour Info: Refreshments, daily demos, and sales.
18. Wrenn Pottery 227 Remington Rd. Floyd (704) 562-9825 wrennpottery.com Open by Appt.
Wheel-thrown porcelain pottery, made to find a place in your home. Functional and beautiful. Studio right off of Blue Ridge Pkwy. at mile marker 153.5. June Tour Info: Working in studio.
Galleries & Shops
19. Artisans at the Station: Floyd Artists Association & Elma’s Corners
203 S. Locust St. Floyd FloydArtists.com (540) 745-7367 Facebook.com/ElmasCorners (540) 230-8451
Visit both of these unique galleries in The Station. Floyd Artists Association have normal business hours 7 days a week and Elma’s Corners is open Mon-Tues 12-5pm & Wed-Sun 9am-5pm. June Tour Info: New art, accessories, gifts and more.
20 Bell Gallery & Garden 112 N. Locust St. Floyd (540) 745- 4494 BellGalleryandGarden.com (540) 745-2987
In season, open 7 days a week. Reduced Winter hours
We feature the region’s best arts & crafts, landscape photography, pressed floral art, hand-crafted jewelry, garden art, gifts and more. A fun place to shop. June Tour Info: Free refreshments. Daily craft & art demos from 3-5pm. Plant and herb sale.
21. Cocoa Mia 109 E. Main St. Floyd (540) 695-0224
CocoaMia.com Open Thur.-Sat .10am-7pm & Sun. 10am-3pm
Cocoa Mia is an authentic, small-batch chocolate company. But more than that – we are a chocolate experience. We have created an eclectic and welcoming space in beautiful downtown Floyd, Virginia where you can come to sit, sip and savor. We sell hand-crafted chocolate confections, beverages and more. June Tour Info: Possible chocolate demos, please visit the tour website for up to date info.
22. Floyd Center for the Arts 220 Parkway Ln S. Floyd (540) 745-2784
FloydArtCenter.org Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-5pm
Community Arts Center with resident artists, formal gallery, gift shop and open studios. Workshops available. Visitor and tour info available. June Tour Info: Demos in ceramics, hot glass and blacksmithing on site, please visit tour website for up to date info.
23. Floyd Rustic 177 Gracie Lane NW Floyd (540) 613-0679 FloydRustic.com Open Thur.-Fri. 10am-6pm, Sat.10am-3pm, or by appt.
Floyd Rustic’s Barn is an all-encompassing location where visitors can see the woodworking workshop, lumber storage, office & showroom with a wide variety of inventory. June Tour Info: Visitors will receive 10% off any showroom items or any custom creation order placed during the tour weekend. Refreshments served. Possible live music, please visit the tour website for up to date info.
24. Green Label Organic 210 W. Oxford St. Floyd (540) 745-6161 GreenLabelOrganic.com Mon.-Sat. 10am-5pm, March-December Only
Open Sunday, June 12 from 12-5. A variety of succulent plant species. Locally designed organic cotton clothing and artisan gifts.
25. New Mountain Mercantile 114A S. Locust St. Floyd (540) 745-4278
Mon.-Thur.& Sat. 11am-5pm, Fri. 11am-6pm
For over 25 years, NMM has offered quality art, handcrafts, gifts, aromatherapy soaps and candles, pottery and clothing in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere. Come see our newly renovated space! June Tour Info: Demos in spinning yarn and basket making.
26. Sarvisberry Gallery & Studio 174 Sarvisberry Lane SW Floyd (540) 745-6330 Sarvisberry.com Open by appt.
Visit Sarvisberry Gallery and Studio to see Gibby Waitzkin’s work. I am a fiber artist, papermaker, and photographer, growing my own fiber on my farm. June Tour Info: Exhibiting new forms inspired by nature.
27. The Floyd Country Store 206 S. Locust St. Floyd (540)745-4563 FloydCountryStore.com Open Mon.-Thur. 10am-5pm, Fri. 10am-10:30pm. Sat. 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-6pm
Home of the Friday Night Jamboree, this unique country store is a community gathering place stocking a wide range of music, provisions, clothing and more. June Tour Info: Friday Night Jamboree 6:30-10:30pm, Sat Americana Afternoon 12-3pm, Sat Evening Concert with Dale Ann Bradley 7:30pm, Sun Old Time Jam 1:30-3:30pm, Sun Bluegrass Jam 4-6PM.
28. Troika Contemporary Crafts 203 S. Locust St. Floyd (The Station) (540) 745-8764 TroikaCrafts.com Open June-Dec. Mon.,Wed., Fri.-Sun. 1-4pm
Troika Contemporary Crafts features the work of over 40 regional artists making contemporary crafts working in textiles, ceramics, metalsmith, jewelry, sculpture, painting, paper art and woodworking. June Tour Info: Featuring ceramic animal sculptures by Mary Dashiell of Meadows of Dan, Virginia.
29 Wildwood Farms General Store & Daylilies 2380 Floyd Hwy. S., Floyd (540) 745-5155 WildwoodFarmsDaylilies.com Open Mon.-Thu.10am-5pm
Fri. 10am-6pm, Sat. 10am-9pm, Sun. 12-5pm
In our General Store we feature local artisans work as well as unique home and garden decor. We also have a kitchen with delicious food, as well as 600+ varieties of field grown daylilies for sale. Handicap-accessible. Less than 5 miles south of downtown Floyd on Rt. 221. June Tour Info: Gardening Seminar from 2-3 pm on Saturday, June 10th.
Farms & Farm Stores
30. Ocotilla’s Mountainside Alpacas 4388 Buffalo Mountain Rd. SW, Willis (540) 593-2143 OcotillasMtnAlpacas.com Open Mon.-Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 1-5pm or by appt.
Family owned & operated Alpaca ranch. We specialize in the quality raising, breeding, and selling of fine Alpacas and their products. “Carrying On The Tradition!” June Tour Info: Farm tours with fleece skirting and yarn spinning demos held throughout the each day.
31. Riverstone Organic Farm and Farm Store 708 Thompson Rd., Floyd (540) 745-4780 RiverStoneOrganicFarm.com Open Daily 9am-7pm
A scenic working farm located in a mountain valley on the banks of the Little River. Nature trail, picnic site, self-guided tours welcome during daylight hours. Don’t miss the Farm Store, stocked with fresh-from-the-farm organic produce, pasture-raised meats and eggs, farm made preserves and soaps, along with other local provision and an assortment of drinks and snacks. June Tour Info: Plant sale and tastings on Sat 10 -3. Guided farm tours on Sat at 11 and 3. Farm Store open daily.
32. Spikenard Honeybee Sanctuary 401 Hideaway Lane, Floyd (540) 745-2153 SpikenardFarm.org Open Fri. 11am-6pm
This biodynamic honeybee sanctuary, neighbors to Riverstone Organic Farm, is on a beautiful hill, surrounded by the Little River and nestled in the woodlands and fields of bee forage. Come and learn about the honeybee and experience the radiance of a landscape enlivened with bees, flowers and vegetable gardens. June Tour Info: Talk on the plight of the honeybee by Gunther Hauk on Sat. June 10 at 1pm.
Eat & Sleep
33. Bootleg BBQ S. Locust St., Floyd (540) 250-6587 (mobile unit south of Winter Sun building) BeegleLand@gmail.com Open Wed.-Sat. 11am-8pm
Offering fine smoked meats, such as pulled pork, baby back ribs, chicken, and brisket.
34. Chateau Morrisette Winery and Restaurant 287 Winery Rd. SW Floyd (540) 593-2865 TheDogs.com Winery open Mon.-Thur. 10-5pm, Fri.-Sat 10-6.pm, Sun. 11-5pm. Restaurant open Wed.-Thur. 11-2pm, Fri.-Sat. 11-9pm, Sun. 11-5pm
Wine Tastings, Winery Tours, Casual Fine Dining, Shopping, Live Music every Sunday on the Courtyard. Free live music every Sunday (Jun-Oct) on the Courtyard. Winery grounds pet friendly. See website for detailed directions (do not use GPS). June Tour Info: The Crooked Road Homecoming at Chateau Morrisette featuring music from the White Top Mountain Band Sun, June 11, 1-4 PM on the Courtyard.
35. Dogtown Roadhouse 302 S. Locust St., Floyd (540)745-6836 DogtownRoadhouse.com Open Wed.-Thur. 4pm-9pm Fri. 4pm-12am, Sat. 12pm-12am, Sun. 12pm-9pm
Wood fired pizza, beers on tap. Live performances. In the Sun Music Hall, where folks come for pizza and stay for the music. June Tour Info: Sat, June 10 “Long Strange Night” Band 8-11pm, Sun. June11 is Open Mic 6-10pm. See tour website for up to date schedule.
36. Grateful Bread Bakery and Artist Garden 109 Old Hensley Pl., Floyd (540) 558-9395 Facebook.com/GratefulBreadBakery Open when Sign is Out
A sweet little artisan bakery specializing in craft breads, treats, locally-famous cinnamon rolls and surrounded by a delightful artists’ garden. Now featuring Expressos! Like us on Facebook to get up to date info.
37 Hotel Floyd 300 Rick Lewis Way, Floyd (540) 745-6080 HotelFloyd.com Open 24/7 for guests & by appt. for tours
A “green” boutique hotel with 40 themed rooms and suites featuring local art, crafts, and culture. Conference space for up to 90 people. See our website for more details. Concerts every Thurs. evening May-October. June Tour Info: Advance registrations suggested.
38. The Floyd Country Store Café 206 S. Locust St. Floyd (540)745-4563 FloydCountryStore.com Open Mon.-Thur. 10am-5pm, Fri. 10am-10:30pm. Sat. 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-6pm
Serving homemade soups, salads, sandwiches and more, featuring locally grown produce. Also offering fresh baked cakes, pies, pastries and hand-dipped ice cream and milkshakes. June Tour Info: Friday Night Jamboree 6:30-10:30pm, Sat Americana Afternoon 12-3pm, Sat Evening Concert with Dale Ann Bradley 7:30pm, Sun Old Time Jam 1:30-3:30pm, Sun Bluegrass Jam 4-6PM.
39. Tuggles Gap Restaurant & Motel 3351 Parkway Ln. S., Floyd (540) 745-3402 TugglesGap.biz Open Mon.-Sun. 8am-4pm Fri.-Sat. 8am-9pm
All American Restaurant and Motel serving visitors to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Floyd County and nearby residents delicious meals and comfortable accommodations for more than 75 years. Conveniently located at the union of the Blue Ridge Parkway and State Rt. 8 in Floyd County.
Visitor & Tour Info
40. Floyd County Visitor Center 109 East Main St. Floyd (540) 745-4407 (Across from courthouse) VisitFloydVA.com
Visitor information center opened and staffed 7 days a week. June Tour Info: Maps & tour information. Open all tour days for tour and Floyd information.
41. More Tour & Visitor Info at the Floyd Center for the Arts
220 Parkway Ln S. Floyd (540) 745-2784 FloydArtCenter.org Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-5pm
Maps & tour information, additional sites, and friendly staff will be on-site for the duration of the tour. Learn more about our creative community and our regional artists and artisans. June Tour Info: Demos and more, see our lisiting in the Gallery section.